The Houston Texans have seemingly invented new ways to lose football games. During their last two…
What We Learned Against the Colts
1. Run the football. The Texans were successful on the ground as they ran for 156 yards on 32 carries. Rookie Steve Slaton had 93 yards on 16 carries to lead Houston.
2. Cover someone. The Houston secondary did a solid job for most of the game on both Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison.
3. Hit the quarterback. Houston registered two sacks, both by Mario Williams and several other pressures. Peyton Manning was certainly uncomfortable in the pocket.
4. Make a big special teams play. There were no big special teams plays by either team. Andre Davis averaged 26 yards per kickoff return.
5. Protect Schaub. Schaub was protected, on the sideline. Sage Rosenfels played and the line protected him fairly well, allowing two sacks and a forced fumble.
What to look for:
1. Look for Steve Slaton to go over 100 yards. Slaton had 93 yards on 16 carries and two touchdowns.
2. Look for Peyton Manning to go over 300 yards. Manning didn't have his best day as he threw for 247 yards and two touchdowns, but was picked off by Zac Diles near the end of the first half.
3. Look for two turnovers or less. Sage Rosenfels took care of that by himself as he turned the ball over three times in the final four minutes.
4. Look for a big special teams play. There were no big special teams plays.
5. Look for a Mario Williams sack. Williams actually registered two sacks and was in the Colts backfield several times.
StateoftheTexans.com Recommended Stories
Texans All-22: The Offense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans offense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Texans All-22: The Defense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans defense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Digging Deep: The Texans Pass Rush
A closer look at the Houston Texans pass rush through six games.Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Visionary Sleepers
The Kansas City Chiefs aren't exactly known for their passing attack; however, Dr. Roto does have a man-crush on one KC receiver in Week 8. Dwayne Bowe (pictured above) has yet to score a touchdown or…Read More
NCAA Up Next
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The Wainstein report released on Wednesday provided insight into the NCAA’s reopening of its infractions case at North Carolina this summer and also highlighted potential academic…Read More