The Texans have been one of the biggest disappointments in the NFL as there were playoff…
What We Learned Against Indy
1. Don't give up. The Texans gave an inspired performance despite not having much to play for. They fought toe to toe, and just came out short in the end.
2. Make Peyton Manning feel the turf. The Colts quarterback had plenty of time to throw, and thus had a big day through the air.
3. Block Dwight Freeney. Freeney had two sacks and was constantly harassing Sage Rosenfels.
4. Run the ball. The Texans ran the ball well against a Bob Sanders-less Colts team as they had 177 yards on the ground led by Steve Slaton's 156 yards on just 14 carries.
5. Sage must play smart. Rosenfels only threw one interception, but he only attempted 18 passes.
What to look for:
1. Look for at least one sack by Dwight Freeney. Freeney doubled that number.
2. Look for a big game by Owen Daniels. Not a big game by Daniels, just one catch for 14 yards.
3. Look for Bob Sanders to make an impact. He did, by not playing. Without Sanders, the Colts can't tackle anyone.
4. Look for 300+ yards passing by Rosenfels. The game plan wasn't for Rosenfels to throw the ball much, and he finished with 192 yards passing.
5. Look for a big special teams play by Houston. Jacoby Jones had a 39-yard punt return, and the Colts Pierre Garcon and Chad Simpson each had 46-yard kickoff returns.
StateoftheTexans.com Recommended Stories
Texans All-22: The Offense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans offense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Texans All-22: The Defense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans defense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Digging Deep: The Texans Pass Rush
A closer look at the Houston Texans pass rush through six games.Read More
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More