Five most important things for the Houston Texans:
1. Steal the show. Although the Texans weren't completely embarassed, they were little more than a footnote in the Brett Favre/Adrian Peterson show.
2. Stop the run. Ummm.... that didn't happen. Adrian Peterson took a handoff 75 yards on the game's first play, and he finished with 117 yards on just 11 carries...all in the first half.
3. Protect Schaub. Matt Schaub was reunited with Jared Allen on a few occasions, and he hurt his leg (could be an ankle) scrambling away from pressure. Allen clearly was a mismatch for Texans left tackle Duane Brown.
4. Pressure the passer. The Texans were able to get a few hits on Brett Favre, and Mario Williams, Jeff Zgonina, and Demeco Ryans all recorded sacks.
5. Cover better. The Texans secondary did a solid job of covering down-field. Most of the Vikings damage through the air came on check-downs and short passes to the backs.
Players to keep an eye on:
1. Connor Barwin- Barwin's sack streak ended at two games and he was nearly invisible, finishing with just one tackle.
2. Amobi Okoye- Okoye was getting pushed around by the interior of the Vikings line.
3. Fred Bennett- Bennett did a solid job Monday night, recording two tackles.
4. Dan Orlovsky- Orlovsky showed a strong arm and was accurate with his underneath routes, but made a mistake with an interception that cost the team points. Orlovsky was seven for 11 for 74 yards, no touchdowns and an interception.
5. Vonta Leach- Leach gave a workman-like effort blocking one of the best defensive lines in the game, and even caught two passes for nine yards.
Introducing the Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian 2016 receiver, Theo Howard..…