The ground game was non-existent for the Houston Texans, and it won't get any easier as they head to…
Texans: What We Learned Against New York
1. Get started quickly. That didn't happen. The Texans offense was anemic as they didn't score a single point all game long.
2. Pressure Sanchez. The Texans registered as many sacks and quarterback hits as I did.
3. Stop the run. The Jets ran the ball 42 times for 190 yards. They had more yards rushing than the Texans had total yards as a team.
4. No turnovers. Houston turned the ball over twice, once on a fumble by Steve Slaton and once on a Matt Schaub interception. If you take those two turnovers away, it still wouldn't have likely mattered in the final outcome.
5. 7's, not 3's. How about 0's? The Texans never entered the red zone.
What to look for:
1. Look for Matt Schaub to throw for over 250 yards. Not even close. Schaub completed just 18 of 33 passes for 166 yards, no touchdowns and an interception.
2. Look for Steve Slaton to run for less than 75 yards. That was an understatement. Slaton ran just nine times for 17 yards.
3. Look for the Texans to force at least two turnovers. Houston forced one turnover on a Jon Busing interception.
4. Look for Andre Johnson to find the end zone. Johnson didn't find the end zone, and he only caught four passes for 35 yards.
5. Look for Leon Washington to have a big game. Washington had 120 total yards, but wasn't able to find the end zone.
StateoftheTexans.com Recommended Stories
Texans All-22: The Offense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans offense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Texans All-22: The Defense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans defense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Digging Deep: The Texans Pass Rush
A closer look at the Houston Texans pass rush through six games.Read More
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More