Both the Texans and Titans square off this Sunday looking for their first victory of the season. …
NFL Power Rankings
Didn't play their best game, but still handled a division rival.
2. New England Patriots- Previous ranking: (1)
Pats played poorly and should've lost. That said, they force the big turnover and Tom Brady does what he does best, sticks a knife in opponents' hearts.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers- Previous ranking: (6)
Offensive line is going to force Ben to miss some games. That said, everything else is very good.
4. Green Bay Packers- Previous ranking: (4)
Defense is better than expected. Offensive line is an issue.
5. Tennessee Titans- Previous ranking: (5)
Lost a fluky game to the champs which automatic kicker Rod Bironas misses two semi-easy field goals. That won't happen much.
6. Philadelphia Eagles- Previous ranking: (7)
Lets see how they do without McNabb.
7. San Diego Chargers- Previous ranking: (2)
Secondary looked bad against Oakland. L.T. is a shell of himself.
8. Baltimore Ravens- Previous ranking: (8)
Defense played poorly for their standards, but Flacco is much more than a game manager.
9. Atlanta Falcons- Previous ranking: (14)
Matt Ryan is special, defense was opportunistic.
10. New Orleans Saints- Previous ranking: (10)
They beat Detroit, we still have no idea how good they are.
11. Minnesota Vikings- Previous ranking: (11)
Favre is great at handing off to the best running back on the planet.
12.Indianapolis Colts- Previous ranking: (9)
Defense looks soft, passing game may struggle against better teams.
13. Buffalo Bills- Previous ranking: (13)
Were one fumble away from busting into the top 10. Who loses better games on MNF?
14. New York Jets- Previous ranking: (21)
Mark Sanchez can play, that defense looked awesome.
15. Seattle Seahawks- Previous ranking (15)
Incomplete ranking due to beating up on St. Louis.
16. Dallas Cowboys- Previous ranking: (16)
They can score, they can rush the passer. Can they do the little things right?
17. San Francisco 49ers- Previous ranking: (27)
Shaun Hill looks like an NFL quarterback. Patrick Willis is the best linebacker in the game.
18. Chicago Bears- Previous ranking: (17)
Bears defense looked good, but can they be good without Urlacher?
19. Washington Redskins- Previous ranking: (25)
Solid team all the way around. Portis is on the decline and they need to find another playmaker.
20. Oakland Raiders- Previous ranking: (24)
Played a great game Monday night and were screwed on a call (legitimately Al Davis). Raiders could win 8 games.
21.Houston Texans- Previous ranking: (12)
Texans need the O-line to play better, and the secondary is bad.
22.Carolina Panthers- Previous ranking: (18)
How's that Delhomme extension looking?
23. Miami Dolphins- Previous ranking: (23)
Parcells needs to make the switch to Henne sooner rather than later.
24. Arizona Cardinals- Previous ranking: (20)
Super Bowl hangover in full effect.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars- Previous ranking: (26)
Jags defense was very good against Indy, still need a quarterback.
26. Denver Broncos- Previous ranking: (32)
Won on a miracle play. If they beat the Browns this week they will be the worst 2-0 team in the history of the game.
27. Cincinnati Bengals- Previous ranking: (19)
Lost in a heartbreaker to a terrible Denver team. Why were they that close?
28. Kansas City Chiefs- Previous ranking: (22)
Brodie Croyle wasn't horrible against a great Baltimore defense. Their defense looks horrible though.
29.Cleveland Browns- Previous ranking: (28)
Defense is horrible. Offense isn't much better.
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Previous ranking: (27)
Offense looked pretty good, defense can't stop anyone.
31. Detroit Lions- Previous ranking: (29)
At least they scored against New Orleans.
32. St. Louis Rams- Previous ranking: (31)
Possibly a worse than team I thought, and I thought they were capable of 0-16.
StateoftheTexans.com Recommended Stories
Texans All-22: The Offense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans offense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Week 13: Player Downgrades
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rusty Reeves predicts a heaping handful of players who will decline in the coming weeks. They should be downgraded at least one tier. Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler …Read More
Texans All-22: The Defense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans defense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Digging Deep: The Texans Pass Rush
A closer look at the Houston Texans pass rush through six games.Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More