Why is Colts tight end Dallas Clark so high on Miami's radar? Have the Vikings created another…
What We Learned: Texans vs Titans, 34-31
1. Stop the run. Tennessee ran for 240 yards on just 26 attempts. Somehow it was not enough.
2. No big plays. Chris Johnson was a human highlight film, but it was not enough.
3. Beware of the screen. Ahh, forget it.
Three most important things for the Texans on offense:
1. Protect Matt Schaub. Schaub wasn't sacked and thus had a career day passing.
2. Dink and dunk. Schaub got the ball out quickly and the Texans struck in both the short and deep passing game.
3. Try to establish some sort of rushing attack. They didn't need it.
What to look for:
1. Look for a steady dose of Chris Johnson and LenDale White for the Titans. Johnson alone accounted for 285 yards from scrimmage and two touchdowns.
2. Look for Jared Cook to be used in the passing game. Didn't happen.
3. Look for Steve Slaton to struggle. 17 carries for 34 yards.
4. Look for the Texans to force two or more turnovers if they are going to win. Houston forced two turnovers and won.
5. Look for the Titans to dominate TOP. The Texans actually held the ball for 34:03 to the Titans 25:57. That was huge.
StateoftheTexans.com Recommended Stories
Texans All-22: The Offense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans offense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Texans All-22: The Defense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans defense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Digging Deep: The Texans Pass Rush
A closer look at the Houston Texans pass rush through six games.Read More
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More