Search this site
Junior College Football
NFL Free Agents
Texans: What We Learned Against San Fran
Owen Daniels (Getty Images)
Posted Oct 25, 2009
The Texans went over .500 for the first time in a long time as they held on to defeat the San Francisco 49ers, 24-21. Let's see how our keys to victory played out.
Three Most Important Things for the Texans on Defense:
beat you. The Texans stopped
and forced Shaun Hill to beat them early on. Hill was so inept that the 49ers made the move to former first-overall pick Alex Smith, and Smith was fantastic in relief.
2. Take some chances. Houston didn't jump too many routes, and they found themselves on their heels a bit in the second half while San Francisco was making a furious comeback. The Texans could've done more to push the issue.
3. Focus on Crabtree. The 49ers worked Crabtree into the game plan and the rookie played well, catching five passes for 56 yards in his debut.
Three Most Important Things for the Texans on Offense:
1. Loosen them up with the pass. The Texans were a bit more balanced than usual, as they were able to run the ball fairly well with
2. Stop fumbling. That didn't happen. Steve Slaton lost yet another fumble and his loose hands are becoming worrisome for Texans fans.
3. Score in the red zone. Houston scored touchdowns on each of their two red zone trips.
What to look for:
1. Look for
to have a tough day. Daniels actually torched the 49ers defense en route to a seven catch, 123-yard performance which included a 42-yard touchdown reception.
2. Look for Andre to score. Johnson was hurt early on and wasn't much of a factor as he grabbed just two passes for 62 yards.
3. Look for
to go for over 260 yards. Schaub was 20 of 30 for 264 yards and two touchdowns with no interceptions.
4. Look for Frank Gore to be held under 80 yards rushing. Gore wasn't much of a factor as he gained just 32 yards on 13 carries.
5. Look for a big special teams play. The Texans special teams along with the bright sun helped cause an Arnaz Batte muffed punt which led to a Houston touchdown.
Texans Go As Schaub Goes
Oct 23, 2009
Texans Report Card vs Bengals
Oct 21, 2009
Daniels Approaching Elite Status
Oct 31, 2009
PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDES
> Members-only Forums
> Insider Information
> Free Agency &
> Expert Chats
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from BattleRedNation.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Players to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite players. Click name to add to
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft