The sight to your left was a rarity Sunday. Outside of Terrell Owens' touchdown run, the script was…
Texans: What We Learned Against Buffalo
1. Don't allow the big play. The biggest play Buffalo had was a Terrell Owens reverse that he took 29 yards for a touchdown. There were no other big plays for the Bills or really even medium sized plays.
2. Keep Fitzpatrick in the pocket. Ryan Fitzpatrick couldn't get much going in his limited opportunities with the football.
3. Keep the run-stopping momentum going. Houston shut down Lynch and company, and if you take away the Owens reverse, the Texans held Buffalo to less than four yards per carry.
Three most important things for the Texans on offense:
1. Run Slaton. Steve Slaton was a non-factor as he was benched after yet another fumble. Houston certainly didn't abandon the run as they made Ryan Moats their featured back and he ran for 126 yards on 23 carries with three touchdowns.
2. Spread it around. Schaub struggled early, but rebounded to hit 10 different receivers.
3. Score touchdowns in the red zone. The Texans were able to run the ball in the red zone and that helped contribute to the blowout victory.
What to look for:
1. Look for Steve Slaton to go over the century mark. How about one carry for one yard? Substitute Moats for Slaton and we look like geniuses.
2. Look for T.O. to score. Owens scored on the ground with a 29-yard reverse.
3. Look for Matt Schaub to throw for less than his average of nearly 300 yards per game. Schaub had a rough beginning to the game but rebounded for a 25 of 34, 268-yard performance.
4. Look for a score for Andre. Johnson did not find the end zone, as the Texans did most of their damage on the ground.
5. Look for the Texans to improve to 5-3. It might not have been easy, but it sure looked that way. Once Houston stopped turning the ball over they scored 25 unanswered points in the second half en route to the blowout victory.
StateoftheTexans.com Recommended Stories
Texans All-22: The Offense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans offense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Texans All-22: The Defense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans defense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Digging Deep: The Texans Pass Rush
A closer look at the Houston Texans pass rush through six games.Read More
Michigan: Brandon Resigns, Hackett Interim AD
Michigan President Mark Schlissel officially announced the resignation of athletic director Dave Brandon Friday. Schlissel appointed Jim Hackett as the interim AD with the plan moving forward to hire…Read More
Hoops: Where are the Top Recruits Going?
The initial basketball signing period begins in less than two weeks and there are currently 22 players in Scout.com's 2015 top 100 still uncommitted. Who are those 22 players considering and who will…Read More