Our game preview this week looks at the Houston Texans matchup against the Indianapolis Colts.
What We Learned: Texans vs Colts
1. Blanket Reggie Wayne. Wayne was good but not great as he caught eight passes for 64 yards, and more importantly stayed out of the end zone.
2. Pressure Peyton. The Texans frustrated Manning in the second half as they were able to sack him twice.
3. Get them off the field. Indianapolis converted on six of their 12 third down attempts, which is not terrible for the Texans defense.
Three most important things for the Texans on offense:
1. Run the ball. Houston gained 81 yards on 26 attempts, and their running game helped keep Peyton Manning on the sideline in the second half.
2. Get the ball out quickly. Schaub didn't hold the ball all that often and he was sacked just twice.
3. Exploit their secondary. The Texans made some solid gains against the Colts secondary, but the Indy defense did just enough to hold on.
What to look for:
1. Look for the starting QB's to combine for 650+ yards. Both QB's were over 300 yards, but they fell a little short of the 650 number.
2. If the Texans turn the ball over twice, they will lose. Houston turned the ball over three times and the lost by three points.
3. Look for Andre Johnson to get a lot of underneath passes. Johnson was a weapon over the middle as he caught 10 passes for 103 yards.
4. Look for Joseph Addai to score. Addai scored twice as he handled the bulk of the load with rookie Donald Brown out.
5. Look for the Texans to beat the spread. Houston certainly stayed within the number and should've won the game.
StateoftheTexans.com Recommended Stories
Texans All-22: The Offense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans offense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Texans All-22: The Defense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans defense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Digging Deep: The Texans Pass Rush
A closer look at the Houston Texans pass rush through six games.Read More
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More