Titans quarterback Vince Young increased his record to 4-0 over his hometown team when Tennessee…
What We Learned: Texans loss to Titans, 17-20
1. Slow down Chris Johnson. Johnson was slowed in spots, but he still was able to break away for some big gains which helped set up the Titans game-winning score.
2. Force Vince Young to be a quarterback. Young escaped the pocket several times to pick up key first downs. Poor job by the Texans defense of keeping contain.
3. Take advantage of opportunities. Houston forced one Titans turnover, but they dropped two or three would be interceptions.
Three most important things for the Texans on offense:
1. No turnovers. The Texans completed an error-free game offensively.
2. Exploit the middle. The Titans forced a lot of outside throws where Matt Schaub isn't nearly as effective.
3. Protect Schaub. Matt Schaub was sacked four times and hit another eight times. Not a great job of picking up the Titans blitz from the offensive line.
What to look for:
1. Look for Chris Johnson to score. Johnson didn't find the end zone, but he was able to gain 151 yards on 29 carries.
2. Look for Schaub to go over 300. Matt Schaub had a very good statistical day as he completed 25 of 39 throws for 305 yards with a pair of touchdowns.
3. Look for Andre Johnson to score. Johnson broke his scoreless streak with a second quarter touchdown.
4. Look for four or more combined turnovers. If some of the corners and safeties held on to errant throws the teams would've exceeded four turnovers. They didn't and thus there was just one.
5. Look for the Texans to take a giant leap forward in the wild-card race. With losses by Baltimore and Pittsburgh, the Texans had a great opportunity to take a step forward in the wild card. They didn't and now they need help.
StateoftheTexans.com Recommended Stories
Texans All-22: The Offense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans offense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Texans All-22: The Defense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans defense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Digging Deep: The Texans Pass Rush
A closer look at the Houston Texans pass rush through six games.Read More
Week 8: Game Time Decisions
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rob Warner posts his big-name players to watch as they heal at the last minute before the games begin on Sunday. Philadelphia Eagles RB Darren Sproles (pictured…Read More
NFL Week 8: Previews and Predictions
Highly opinionated previews of every game. Are you ready for some insider info?Read More