Our game preview this week looks at the Houston Texans matchup against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
What We Learned: Texans loss to Jaguars
1. Stop Maurice. Houston did a solid job of stopping Maurice Jones-Drew until the fourth period in which he gained 41 of his 76 yards and effectively ended the game.
2. Blanket Mike Sims-Walker. Mike Sims-Walker was not a factor as he caught just one pass for 12 yards.
3. Pressure Garrard. David Garrard was sacked four times and took nine hits as the Texans were in his face routinely.
Three most important things for the Texans on offense:
1. Keep up the tempo. Houston didn't go with much up-tempo offense until they were down 17 points, and immediately they scored.
2. Look for Walter and Anderson. Walter and Anderson combined for eight catches for 93 yards, and were open for much of the day.
3. No turnovers. The dreaded turnover bug bit the Texans yet again as they were picked off three times, surprisingly by three different passers.
What to look for:
1. Look for Andre Johnson to score. Andre Johnson scored his sixth touchdown of the season as he caught seven passes for 99 yards.
2. Look for the Texans to have less than 60 yards rushing. The Texans ran the ball 22 times for just 68 yards against the Jaguars defense.
3. A dance from Jones-Drew. The Houston defense managed to keep MJD out of the end zone despite him having two chances from the one-yard line.
4. Look for a lot of big plays. There were certainly some offensive fireworks as Texans wideout Andre Johnson caught a 53-yard pass, and Jaguars tight ends Marcedes Lewis and Zach Miller caught passes of 47 and 62 yards respectively.
5. Look for the Texans to squeak by. The Texans made enough mistakes and found a way to lose another one.
StateoftheTexans.com Recommended Stories
Texans All-22: The Offense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans offense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Texans All-22: The Defense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans defense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Digging Deep: The Texans Pass Rush
A closer look at the Houston Texans pass rush through six games.Read More
Thursday night throwing fest on deck?
The Thursday night showdown between the Broncos and Chargers at Mile High Stadium (sponsorship withstanding) could see passing yardage a half mile long. Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers are at the top…Read More
Week 8: Fantasy Football Sit 'em
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rob Warner recommends a handful of players who should ride the pine. It may be because of a bad matchup, lost playing time, a nagging injury or an overwhelming…Read More