In Part One of this week's exclusive game preview, Charlie Bernstein of BattleRedNation.com answers…
What We Learned: Texans vs Seahawks
1. Pressure Hasselbeck. The Texans had three sacks and kept Matt Hasselbeck uncomfortable for most of the game.
2. Beware of Burleson. The Texans did a solid job against Burleson and held him to just three catches for 50 yards.
3. Watch out for trick plays. No real trick plays by the Seahawks, unless you count the pick six to Bernard Pollard. I'm not sure what they were thinking on that call.
Three most important things for the Texans on offense:
1. Protect the football. Only one interception from Matt Schaub and aside from that, the Texans offense was perfect.
2. Make short yardage. Houston wasn't in too many short yardage situations.
3. Try some misdirection. The Texans did some of their bootlegs, but they really didn't need to. Seattle couldn't come close to stopping Andre Johnson.
What to look for:
1. Look for T.J. Houshmandzadeh to lead in receiving. T.J. led the Seahawks in receiving yards with just 52.
2. Look for a big special teams play. Jacoby Jones had a few nice returns, as did Justin Forsett. Both teams blocked kicks as well.
3. Look for Schaub to out-duel Hasselbeck. Schaub completed 29 of 39 passes for 365 yards and two touchdowns. Hasselbeck completed 24 of 35 passes for 247 yards and one touchdown.
4. Look for the winning team to be whoever runs the ball best. Although the Texans were far from a ground machine, they outgained the Seahawks, 85-62 on the ground.
5. Either the Texans will win by 10 or more or they will lose a close one. It wasn't close, and that's the type of game the Texans want to play.
StateoftheTexans.com Recommended Stories
Texans All-22: The Offense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans offense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
College Week 13: 10 Saturday Takeaways
Breaking down all the battles that mattered this weekend.Read More
Texans All-22: The Defense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans defense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Digging Deep: The Texans Pass Rush
A closer look at the Houston Texans pass rush through six games.Read More
OU's Perine rushes into record books
Norman has seen a lot of special days, but few will compare to what Samaje Perine did Saturday in rushing for 427 yards and five touchdowns.Read More