The Houston Texans had a closed event to media and open to season ticket holders in their annual Town Hall Meeting with Head Coach Bill O'Brien. O'Brien fielded questions from the fans and here are some notes from the event.
- J.J. Watt will be moved around in the Crennel's 3-4 defense. The Texans will be in nickel 70% of the time.
- O'Brien called Watt the best defensive player in the NFL.
- Head Coach Bill O'Brien has left the door open for the possible return of Danieal Manning to the Texans.
- The Texans starting safeties will be strong safety D.J. Swearinger with newly signed Kendrick Lewis and Chris Clemons fighting for the free safety position.
- O'Brien felt it was time for a fresh start for Matt Schaub and the organization, which led to the trade.
- There will be a quarterback competition with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum and T.J. Yates. O'Brien said there will be a drafted quarterback in camp and even mentioned there could be two rookies in camp.
- O'Brien believes this team is not too far from winning.
- The quarterback will have more control at the line of scrimmage.
- O'Brien pointed out the team is being fiscally responsible in the lack of free agent movement. He also said the team is aware of what is available on the market and reminds that the team has 11 picks in the draft.
- If the Texans draft Jadeveon Clowney, he will be used in more than one position.
- Bill O'Brien feels the Texans offense does not have a slot wide receiver right now. He says it is an important piece of the offense.
- As for the quarterback, O'Brien wants accuracy over a cannon arm for a starting quarterback in the NFL. Wants him to be the hardest working guy on the team.
- O'Brien says the team's practices will not be easy.
All notes taken from Drew Dougherty and Deepi Sidhu.