The Tampa Bay Buccaneers lost one of their key backup players from the offensive side of the ball on…
What We Learned: Texans vs Dolphins
1. Stop Ricky. Houston did a fantastic job of stopping Ricky Williams as he gained just 35 yards on 10 carries.
2. Pressure Henne. The Texans sacked Chad Henne three times, and they got enough pressure to keep him uncomfortable for much of the game.
3. Strip ‘em. Miami didn't lose any fumbles on the day, and turned the ball over just once.
Three most important things for the Texans on offense:
1. Challenge the rookies. The Dolphins rookie corners were shredded by Matt Schaub in the first half, as the Texans built a 27-3 halftime advantage.
2. Protect Schaub. Matt Schaub had time to throw as he was sacked just once, and the results were another huge passing day by the Texans quarterback.
3. Cash in. Houston scored touchdowns on two of their three red zone opportunities which proved to be enough to defeat Miami.
What to look for:
1. Look for four or more combined turnovers. It was a fairly well-played game as the teams combined for just two turnovers.
2. Look for Ricky Williams to score. Williams was invisible on this day as the Texans defense keyed on him and did a great job.
3. Look for the Texans to be one-dimensional. Houston was actually well-balanced, as undrafted rookie Arian Foster ran for a tough 97 yards on 19 carries, including a 17-yard touchdown run.
4. Look for Schaub to go over 300. The Texans quarterback fell just short of the 300 yard mark, but 20 of 31 passing for 286 yards is good enough to win on most days.
5. Look for the Texans to find a way to lose. Although they were outscored 20-0 over the final 30+ minutes, the Texans made enough stops on defense to keep their slim playoff hopes alive into week 17.
StateoftheTexans.com Recommended Stories
Texans All-22: The Offense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans offense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Texans All-22: The Defense vs. the Colts
An All-22 look at the Houston Texans defense against the Indianapolis Colts.Read More
Digging Deep: The Texans Pass Rush
A closer look at the Houston Texans pass rush through six games.Read More
Thursday night throwing fest on deck?
The Thursday night showdown between the Broncos and Chargers at Mile High Stadium (sponsorship withstanding) could see passing yardage a half mile long. Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers are at the top…Read More
Week 8: Fantasy Football Sit 'em
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rob Warner recommends a handful of players who should ride the pine. It may be because of a bad matchup, lost playing time, a nagging injury or an overwhelming…Read More